July 15-16, 2019 (Course Full)
September 18-19, 2019
Learn three proven ways to activate group participation. Hands-on practice helps you discover practical uses in your life and work. Participants work individually and in small groups to see the ToP Methods in action, and then have the opportunity to practice facilitating in class.
What You’ll Learn:
Learn and practice the core methods in this 2-day course.
Watch this video for a highlight of this amazing course!
FOCUSED CONVERSATION METHOD
Learn the foundational approach that leads naturally to a meaningful exchange of ideas.
- Conduct purposeful discussions
- Capture a group’s best thinking easily
- Surface new ideas and solutions
- Stimulate candid feedback
CONSENSUS WORKSHOP METHOD
Practice the engaging, structured process that energizes people to reach consensus.
- Tap rational and intuitive thought processes
- Integrate diverse ideas
- Generate practical and creative solutions
- Develop group consensus
ACTION PLANNING PROCESS
Walk through practical steps that help groups plan, organize resources, and build commitment.
- Visualize a successful result
- Analyze the current reality
- Create a practical plan
- Maximize group involvement
People who work with groups that need high-level participation to be effective, including:
- Managers and supervisors
- Executive directors and board members
- Facilitators, trainers and consultants
- Educators and health practitioners
- Active citizens and community workers
BENEFITS TO YOUR ORGANIZATION
- Unproductive conflict disappears
- Groups create their own motivation
- Personal commitment becomes the norm
- Visible results appear more quickly
- Increased productivity saves time and money
Early Bird! Receive $50 off when you register 3 weeks prior to the course.
- Corporate/for-profit, $950
- Public/government, $750
- large institutions (budget > $5 million), $950
- mid-sized (budget $1-5 million), $650
- small/community-based (budget <$1 million), $400
- Student, $400
Note: You will be redirected to the Institute of Cultural Affairs for your registration.
Or Click Here to Find Dates & Locations Near You
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and Masters Certified Education Specialists (MCHES) earn 13,5 Continuing Education Contact Hours (CECH) for ToP Facilitation Methods recognized by the National Commission on Health Education Certification (NCHEC).
American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) members earn Certification Maintenance (CM) credits for ToP Facilitation Methods (14.5 CM).