I am pleased to announce my workshop & roundtable schedule for Spring of 2017:
FACILITATION SKILLS INTENSIVE- April 12th, 2017 at the 2100 building in Seattle
One of the most important skills of an effective community leader is the ability to facilitate group discussions and help groups make decisions together in a way that engages the voices of everyone in the group. Too often, we get thrown into the role of facilitator without having been taught the fundamentals and/or had a chance to practice. In this workshop, you will have an opportunity to both learn and practice the fundamentals in a fun, interactive, and non-threatening environment.
In this full-day workshop, participants will:
- clarify the role and key skills of an effective facilitator
- learn how to use the experiential learning cycle as a tool for group reflection
- learn meeting management skills including prep, set-up, agenda planning, and more!
- practice and get feedback on facilitation skills
Click HERE for more info and to register
Cultural Competency & Beyond- May 22 & 23rd, 2017
Leadership for Change is thrilled to be a part of F.A.C.E. Consulting Collaborative and to offer a two-day workshop where we will deepen awareness, strengthen skills, and build community to challenge systems of inequality and inequity. In this interactive and experiential workshop participants will:
- Build knowledge and skills for growing more effective cross-cultural relationships and partnerships.
- Move awareness and understanding into skills, commitment and action.
- Grow more culturally inclusive teams,
organizations and communities.
- Engage in ally work and relationships to address cultural competency, inequity and social justice.
Click HERE for more info and to register.